Thursday, February 25, 2010

Being sick sucks.


Well, I caught a bug.  I have a cold and I'm feeling kinda grumpy and yucky and I'm totally blaming Allan.  He had it first and I did my best to stay clear, but when you live with someone, things like this are hard to avoid.  I tried to fight it and deny it, but the little bugger won. 
What really stinks is that I can't take any medication since my surgery is next week (OMG, my surgery is next week!).  So here I am drinking lots of fluids, using my neti-pot, inhaling eucalyptus (I fill a large bowl with hot water, swirl several drops of eucalyptus oil in it, and cover my head and bowl with a towel to inhale the steam).  My nose is raw from blowing it so much and I sound like Fran Drescher--okay, I don't sound THAT bad.  
Its snowing today (AGAIN), and many people have a snow day (as do I), but Allan had to go in to work.  I'm thinking he needs to stop by the Vietnamese restaurant on his way home and get me... I mean, us some pho.  haha!  Mmmm...that sounds so good right now.  My throat is killing me! Starve a fever, feed a cold, right? This cold needs soup, stat!
Tuesday is the big surgery day and I can NOT be sick! I have so much to do this weekend too!  I have my level II reiki practitioner certification on Friday and Saturday.  I wanted to get this done before the surgery; lets hope it doesn't get cancelled due to all of this snow.  Friday night, Allan and I are headed to King Of Prussia Mall (the largest mall on the East Coast) to get a few things.  Sunday, I work.  Monday, we drive to Jersey to take our pups to the doggie-sitters, our friends Erica and Joe who used to be our neighbors in Puerto Rico.  Crazy, huh?  Thank goodness they are willing to take care of our babies for us!  Big thanks to E and Joe for opening their home to Kekoa and Romeo.  :)
Tuesday is the big day.  I probably won't sleep at all on Monday night.  My nerves will be all over the place! 
My girlfriends Kori and Karen sent me the funniest care package ever!  It was filled with a ton of goodies!  Some of them being:  bags of Jelly Belly's (with the labels changed to "Sh"elly Bellys), dark chocolates, crossword puzzles and games, a Harlequin romance novel titled, "Showdown With The Sheriff" (haha!!!), a personalized blanket with a picture of Kori on it wearing a Snuggie™ (I will have to post a picture of that later--I about pee'd my pants!), a karate book (don't ask) and other silly inside jokes and things to comfort me pre and post surgery.  Thank you, ladies!  I love you so very much, and I'm still laughing at all of the fun goodies! xo

Well, thats about it for now.  I'm going to drink some orange juice and take a nap in desperation to kick this cold!  

0 comments: