Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy...

Long time no blog...Let's see. To make a loooong story short, since my last post, I have had the MIL in town, experienced Valentine's Day without my hubby, Mother-in-law left with my dog Kekoa :(, I've been to a few parties (one of which I threw for myself), and have been trying to take advantage of living this wonderful island-life before I head to Houston. There is so much going on in my life right now, and not enough time to type and keep up! Tonight, well, tomorrow (real f'n early)I am headed back home for a couple of weeks before I go to Thailand. I'm up because I do not plan on going to bed before my 4:00 am flight, which causes me to be at the airport around 2:30 AM! UGHHHH! I am so tired and drained from trying to "close down shop" and get packed and ready for my 3 months worth of travel! I'm so stressed right now, excited,and anxious. I am toting 2 extremely large and heavy pieces of luggage, a backpack that is stuffed to the brim (turtle-style), and an 8lb. yorkie in a duffel bag. Yes, this is gonna be interesting to say the least! If there was a way I could film this all for your viewing pleasure, I'm sure it would make for a top 10 youtube video.
Let's go back a little, Allan's Mom and I had a nice time together. We didn't do everything that we thought we would do while she was here, but we did eat a lot and were extremely lazy. I'm sure that was heaven for her, she needed the vacation. She takes care of Allan's elderly Grandma and deserved a break. One whole week was probably a little too long for a DIL and a MIL to be hanging out w/out the son there; but, we made it through. Barely. I think if it were any longer, we may have strangled each other. Now, I say this on both of our behalf's. I'm not gonna lie, I had a few Ally McBeal moments, as I like to call it. You know, where you picture all of these things in your head, like a big comic bubble above my head and inside I can see a big anvil falling on someones noggin, or me wrapping duct tape around an overly talkative mouth. I think this is natural for a daughter-in-law to feel, right? Anyways, all in all, it was a nice visit and I think she only mentioned me getting pregnant like 213 times...way less than I expected. I never saw the money for that. I kid. I only kid. :) I love her.

Tony (the toad) is gone, the bastard took my quarter and ran..err..hopped! I haven't seen him around, and I think he got scared when I decided to start leaving him dishes of water to drink. There has been no sign of him, and the quarter that I used to compare his size, really is gone too! He probably bought a better place down the street, with a nice ocean view. I don't blame him.

So, last Friday I decided to throw myself a surprise going-away party. Yes, you read that right. It was tons of fun, and a lot of interesting people showed up. My neighbor, and dear friend Amanda, was well lit and made the night very fun and entertaining. I'm really gonna miss that girl. We drank lots of versions of rum punch, gallon jugs of misc. mixed drinks, played card games, and even managed to dance the night away at another party down the street. I think it all played off successfully except for the fact that the last person didn't walk out of my door until 4:00 am. I'm too old for that crap. I surprisingly wasn't hungover at all (I think because I was hosting the thing, and kept the alcohol to a bare minimum), and somehow kept the house in one piece. I will post many pictures of these events later.

On another note, Allan and I have been able to keep in pretty good touch with each other lately. We email back and forth and have been able to talk on the phone quite a bit over the past couple of days. That may sound great, but the reason we have been able to talk on the phone a lot is because he has the flu. He is basically quarantined in the medical facility at the academy. There is a phone line there that he is able to use that has NO static!!! AMAZING! My poor guy has some nasty virus/bug that has been going around. Everyone please keep in your thoughts and prayers and hope that he gets well soon. He is having to miss out on his daily activities with the rest of his platoon, but at least he is able to have a small break and rest. I'm sure his immune system has been sacrificed because he is so tired and working non-stop all of the time. Times like this make me wish I was there to take care of him. :( It kills me knowing that he is so sick and I can't be there.
So, now I am headed to Houston and sooooo excited about seeing my friends and family! I have 2 little nieces that I haven't even met yet! Its all very exciting, but terribly stressful at the same time. I feel like my brain is going a million miles an hour and I can't relax for shit. I think when I get there, I will want to sleep for 2 days straight! Although, my Step-dad's snores can be heard all the way to China. I may never get that well-deserved rest. (sigh) Here goes another adventure...I'll add more later, I'm gonna try and relax a little before the long day ahead of me. Stay tuned! Wish me luck, and safe travels! See my H-town posse soon! XOXO

1 comment:

  1. You have been Busy Busy!! I hope you have a blast at home and a ton of fun in Thailand! Manny and I hope that Allan feels better! Talk to you soon!